The ESS Concrete Scanner has been designed to find even the deepest targets while still providing high-resolution. The unit boasts the most diverse sensor suite on the market today. This versatile unit can be used to locate rebar, post tension cables, conduits, power lines, pipes, voids, and asphalt and concrete thickness.
Dual frequency GPR antennas produce high-resolution scans without sacrificing penetration depth. The 2 GHz antennas sense objects to approximately 2 feet depth, while the 750 MHz antennas detect objects as deep as 6 feet.
The included hardware allows three arrangements for optimal ergonomics: Mount the tablet to the device and use the integrated handle. Or attach the extended handle, with multiple locking angles, for floor surveys. Finally the extended handle can be used to keep the tablet at eye-level by inserting it into the shipping case.
Advanced analysis and reporting software provides cross-section views, depth slices and 3D views.
- Dual Frequency for High Resolution without Sacrificing Depth
- Advanced Software: View 3D results and mark detected objects for interactive visualization and export to DXF.
- Automated Reporting: Create PDF and image output with contextual imagery provided by user photo or Google Maps satellite imagery.
- Powerful Tablet: The included Microsoft Surface Pro enables analysis and reporting in the field. No second computer necessary.
- No cables to get frayed, and no damaged or dirty connectors to replace.
- User-Friendly Ergonomics: Integrated handle for arms-length surveys. For floor surveys an adjustable locking extension handle is included.
- Easy Charging: The shipping case's integrated charging system simultaneously charges the tablet and both batteries.
- 2 GHz bi-static radar antenna
- 750 MHz bi-static radar antenna
- Electric and magnetic field sensors for detection of energized and current-carrying circuits or tracer signals
- Microsoft Surface Pro tablet computer included
- WiFi-interfaced, fully cable-less operation
- Durable construction with IP65 ingress protection
- Positioning sensors: Integrated optical odometer, GPS, and optional inertial sensors
- Rechargeable 6400mAh LiFePO4 battery with up to 6 hours continuous operation. Two batteries with dual charger for all day use
- Device dimensions: 12 x 8.9 x 8.5 inches (30.5 x 35.6 x 21.6 cm) 7.7 lbs. (3.5 kg)
- Shipping dimensions: 20 x 14 x 10 inches (50.9 x 35.6 x 25.4 cm)