The ESS Pavement Scanner measures asphalt pavement density using advanced radar technology without using nuclear sources. The radar sensor continuously scans the surface to produce compaction or density maps. Additionally, an integrated temperature sensor generates pavement temperature maps. Temperature differences indicate locations where the asphalt mix is not uniform, such as too little binder, different aggregate, etc.
Maps of compaction and temperature provide a measure of uniformity that cannot be obtained from spot measurements from traditional density gauges. These maps in turn enable better Q/A and Q/C, and ultimately reduced costs.
Costs and risks associated nuclear sources are eliminated. No more nuclear safety training classes. No more source licensing headaches.
- Provides continuous real-time pavement density and temperature measurements
- Does not use nuclear sources.
- Generate maps for intelligent compaction, uniformity indicators, and better Q/A, Q/C.
- With powerful tablet computer, all data processing and report generation can be performed in the field.
- Generate compaction, density, and temperature maps.
- Generate density histogram.
- Create calibrations for different asphalt mixes.
- Deliverable reports can be generated in PDF or PNG formats with Google Maps overlays.
- Detailed CSV spreadsheet file export.
Easy to Use
- All cabling has been eliminated to improve ease of use, and eliminate common problems associated with connectors and cables.
- Disassembles into three pieces for easy storage in shipping case.
- Shipping case has integrated battery charger for two scanner batteries, wireless odometer, and tablet computer.
- 2 GHz bi-static radar antenna
- Non-contacting IR temperature sensor
- Includes Microsoft Surface Pro tablet computer.
- Shipping container dimensions: 36 x 28 x 20 inches (91.44 x 71.12 x 50.8 cm).
- Shipping weight: 99 lbs.
- WiFi connection between sensor and tablet computer.
- Bluetooth wheel odometer.
- Durable construction with IP65 ingress protection
- Positioning systems includes odometer, GPS, and optional inertial measurements.
- Calibrate the unit from core measurements in lab or in field.
- Rechargeable LiFePO4 battery provides 5-6 hours of use. Includes second battery for all day use.