The ESS Utility Scanner has been designed to find even the deepest targets while still providing high-resolution. The unit boasts the most diverse sensor suite on the market today. This versatile unit can be used to locate utility lines underground vaults, power lines, pipes, voids, and geologic horizons. Advanced software to generated maps, 3D subsurface images, and reports.
Dual frequency GPR antennas produce high-resolution scans without sacrificing penetration depth. The 750 MHz antennas sense objects to approximately 10 feet depth, while the 350 MHz antennas detect objects as deep as 20 feet.
All cables have been eliminated to increase reliability. WiFi link between scanner and table computer insures trouble free operation.
An optional RTK GPS system provides precise positioning without laying out a survey grid. This greatly reduces survey time and increases productivity.
The entire system (scanner, tablet computer, RTK GPS, tripod, and battery chargers pack neatly into one rugger shipping case.
- Dual Frequency for High Resolution without sacrificing penetration depth.
- No cables to get frayed, and no damaged or dirty connectors to replace.
- Powerful tablet computer enables analysis and reporting in the field. No second computer necessary.
- View 3D results and mark detected objects for interactive visualization and export to DXF.
- Automated Reporting: Create PDF and image output with contextual imagery provided by user photo or Google Maps satellite imagery.
Easy to Use
- Optional RTK GPS provides accurate real time position updates. Position shown on virtual survey grid. Saves time -- no need to layout survey grid.
- The shipping case's integrated charging system simultaneously charges the tablet and both batteries.
- 750 MHz bi-static radar antenna
- 350 MHz bi-static radar antenna
- Electric and magnetic field sensors for detection of energized and current-carrying circuits or tracer signals
- Dell Latitude or Microsoft Surface Pro tablet computer included
- WiFi-interfaced, fully cable-less operation
- Durable construction with IP65 ingress protection
- Positioning sensors: Integrated optical odometer, GPS, and optional inertial sensors
- Optional RTK GPS
- Rechargeable 6600mAh LiFePO4 battery with up to 10 hours continuous operation. Two batteries with dual charger for all day use
- Device dimensions: 26 x 30.5 x 12 inches (66 x 77.5 x 30.5 cm) 40 lbs. (18.1 kg)
- Shipping dimensions: 37 x 28 x 20 inches (94 x 71 x 51 cm)