The ESS Utility Scanner is a dual frequency GPR system that detects deep targets while still providing high-resolution. It can be used to locate rebar, power lines, cables, conduits, pipes, voids, underground storage tanks, and more.
Dual frequency GPR antennas produce high-resolution scans without sacrificing penetration depth. The 750 MHz antennas sense objects to approximately 10 feet depth, while the 350 MHz antennas detect objects as deep as 20 feet. Detects power lines with magnetic sensor.
The advanced GPS system provides real-time steering guidance so that time-consuming scan grid layout and marking can be avoided.
Advanced software suite for 3D views and virtual fly-throughs. Combine all Subsurface Utility Information into a single database. Generate advanced reports and drawings.
An adjustable suspension survey cart can be used in parking lots or in open fields. Wireless connections eliminate all troublesome cables.
- Dual Frequency for High Resolution without sacrificing penetration depth.
- No cables to get frayed, and no damaged or dirty connectors to replace.
- Powerful tablet computer enables analysis and reporting in the field. No second computer necessary.
- View 3D results and mark detected objects for interactive visualization and export to DXF.
- Automated Reporting: Create PDF and image output with contextual imagery provided by user photo or Google Maps satellite imagery.
Easy to Use
- Optional RTK GPS provides accurate real time position updates. Position shown on virtual survey grid. Saves time -- no need to layout survey grid.
- The shipping case's integrated charging system simultaneously charges the tablet and both batteries.
- 750 MHz bi-static radar antenna
- 350 MHz bi-static radar antenna
- Electric and magnetic field sensors for detection of energized and current-carrying circuits or tracer signals
- Rugged Dell Latitude tablet computer included
- WiFi-interfaced, fully cable-less operation
- Durable construction with IP65 ingress protection
- Positioning sensors: Integrated optical odometer, GPS, and optional inertial sensors
- Optional RTK GPS
- Rechargeable 6600mAh LiFePO4 battery with up to 10 hours continuous operation. Two batteries with dual charger for all day use
- Device dimensions: 26 x 30.5 x 12 inches (66 x 77.5 x 30.5 cm) 40 lbs. (18.1 kg)
- Shipping dimensions: 37 x 28 x 20 inches (94 x 71 x 51 cm)